Making Konjugaattori 3000 (Conjugator 3000) helped me to better understand the rules of Finnish verb conjugation. I hope that it will help others to learn Finnish verb conjugation too, so here it is. The program already works, but I will keep updating it as I am working on new features and bug fixes.
- Conjugation rules added and accessible from the main menu
- The program now explains each step of the conjugation when asked by the user to conjugate a verb
- Verbs with the negative prefix (epä-) which get gradated would not get the gradation in the right position in the conjugated verb
- Installation file replaced by a ZIP archive to avoid being blocked by antiviruses
- List of all consonant couples
- Typo fixed in main menu
- Online profile
- Auto-update system
- Scoring system for the true elite
- Conjugated verb database deleted and replaced by a list of verbs to save disk space in the build
- Multiple UI improvements (text colours, justification, better wording, etc)
- All useless Python imports deleted
- Conjugation correction was acquired through local HTML files instead of using the conjugation algorithm (the mighty Konjugaattori 3000)
- Debug info hidden
For their help in cracking Finnish conjugation
Maija and Anna
For testing early versions and giving great feedback
Katy, Richard, Lucas, Damian and Laurent.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.